Upgrading a Chiller Plant
Fabel (1997) provides ten considerations when upgrading a chiller plant:
- Operating Requirements – Load profile and capacity
- Electrical Supply – power circuits and transformers
- Energy Sources – electric, natural gas, steam, engine
- Cooling Towers – condition, fill, type, motors, etc.
- Drives – Primary Mover
- Controls – integrated or stand-alone
- Real Estate – equipment footprint
- Logistics – space, access, demolition, excavation, etc.
- CFCs - Refrigerants
- Life-Cycle Costs – total cost for 20 to 25 years